Flight Information Display System (FIDS) is used primarily for real time delivery of flight information, such as check-in, departures, arrivals, etc. FIDS maintains an independent database, which receives real time updates via middleware linked with the airport operations database (AODB). After the processing of flight information, it updates in a real time mode the display contents of FIDS equipment at various points of the passenger terminal building and releases promptly and accurately the latest real-time information of arriving and departing flights.
Main Components of FIDS
The software for FIDS is based on 3 layers of multi-levels architecture, supporting distributed processing over multiple servers. Redundant servers in main/hot standby (load sharing) configuration ensure zero down time in case of failure of any server.
Acrux Technologies has the ability to provide installation, operations and maintenance of complete Flight Display Information System. Technical team of Acrux is qualified and trained to offer the following services to its clients:
- Installation of FIDS Indoor and Outdoor Display Terminals and LED Boards
- Interfacing and Integration with variety of external systems and Airport enterprise IT network including:
- AODB Interface
- Airport Flight Inquiry System
- Automatic Announcement System
- Master Electronic Clock System
- Baggage Handling Systems
- Integration with Airport IT Network
- Operations and Maintenance
FIDS Display Terminals
Display terminals used in FIDS include PDP display with industrial intelligent controller and LCD display with industrial intelligent controller.
Client Terminal and Workstations
The client terminal are workstations and display terminals. The system has workstations for management and control with the following separate functions:
- Monitoring the operational status of the system, system management and for external system interfaces management
- Maintenance of flight information
- Input of display contents, compiling display formats, specifying display modes and controlling display status
- Central Management and control of display equipment